Dr Claire Maguire
Hi, I’m Claire and can I let you in on a secret?
I find writing about myself almost impossible. I think it is that feeling of standing up and shouting from the rooftops – hey look at me, I am so amazing and look I have done all this neat stuff – so I must be awesome, right?!
You know… I nourish women to sensational living, to evoke the senses to develop a love affair with their body, their lives and their food. I enable women to step out as the star of their life.
Which all means in plain old English – I make you love you, eat great food and stop hiding your talent. So surely that should mean it would be easy for me to yell ‘look at me!’ Well, I can tell you I am a show off… I love to be on stage whether that is giving talks, workshops or dancing.
I love to create courses and programmes around food and life which are fun, inspirational and motivational. I am a passionate foodie – I really adore food and the effect it can have on me.
- I talk a lot
- I listen very well too
- I have had a diverse working life – from academic research, web content manager, SEO for luxury yachts, punk record label owner, starting a catering business to wellbeing coaching
- I am a geek – I have a PhD in Medical Biochemistry from Imperial College, London
- I am a mother with 2 wonderful girls
- I have been told I am rebellious and inspirational. I like both of those descriptions of me
- I have overcome addictions, break-downs and break-ups, loss of identity and breast cancer
- I have co-authored a number of self-development books and published my own recipe book – Fresh & Sophisticated. You can see them here…
- I really love to laugh
- I adore dressing up, high heels and red lipstick
- I also rock the natural look
- I enjoy a drink or two
- I am not perfect
- I am a certified raw food coach, wellbeing life coach & kundalini yoga teacher
- I can be found eating raw chocolate and drinking green juice yet I won’t say no to a piece of quality steak and fries
- I am on a mission to get people off the all or nothing bandwagon around food and diet
- I love nature
- I also love cities
- I am many, many things as I am sure you are too
So let’s celebrate being unique
‘Claire – Thank you for your amazing warmth, calm, questions, challenge and sense of fun.’ Sheena C.
Dr Claire Maguire, is the UK’s leading transformational wellbeing coach who inspires women from around the world to take the next step towards living a fantastic life. As a lifestyle and wellbeing coach, Claire combines transformative life coaching techniques with the power of alkalising and energising food to bring about clarity, focus and momentum. Claire draws on her diverse background and experience to create truly comprehensive programs that address all aspects of our wellbeing, health, energy, passion and emotional strength.
With a PhD in medical biochemistry followed by working in top universities as a researcher, Claire uses her analytical mind to laser in and get results whilst her background as an independent music company director utilises her creative mind to evoke fun, laughter and out of the box thinking to create lasting change. Claire has also run her own catering company and worked as a Samaritan helping people in crisis.
Claire has spent her life flirting with frivolity and fun, on stage as a young actress, a burlesque dancer, a ski-instructor, a hill walker, a yoga enthusiast, a painter, a mother, a lover and consumer of life. With such a diverse background, Claire has found her life skills blend beautifully when coaching others to find their own unique life.
Her own health challenges with breast cancer and overcoming the traumatic treatment have reinforced in her the upmost importance of our own self-worth, health and positive body image. This is what drives her to inspire other women to feel fantastic about themselves.
Claire has reached out to hundreds of women with her engaging talks, successful retreat programmes, popular workshops and her private coaching practice. She is a published author (you can read more about her books here) and has received significant acclaim in the national press. She’s also a qualified Kundalini yoga teacher and blogs about life, food, self-care and raw food recipes.
Claire has trained and worked with outstanding world-class coaches to learn extensively about wellbeing and lifestyle, how the mind works and success. For Claire, learning never stops and she is always updating her knowledge and skill set to ensure her clients receive the best information available. In a vibrant and compassionate manner she inspires her clients to experience deep transformation to capture their femininity and live life to its fullest.
‘I spent 40 years in therapy trying to solve the wrong problem. Thank you Claire for this life changing experience. So much has changed in my thinking & beliefs.’ Cathy H.