It’s that time of year again and Christmas is almost here. I’m sure we all say this every year, but how did that happen?
December is a beautiful month, full of festivities and cheer, but it can also be a bit of a minefield when it comes to keeping on track and maintaining healthy habits.
Navigating endless Christmas parties and huge dinners can be tricky when trying not to overindulge, so we’ve put together a few helpful hints on enjoying this magical time of year whilst still being your happiest, healthiest self…
- Get some fresh air. A brisk walk or a jog around the block will do wonders for your energy (and your sanity).
- Mind your alcohol intake. Alternating your drinks with plenty of water can really save you a festive hangover.
- Practise gratitude. Amidst all the present exchanging, try to take a moment each day to be thankful for all that you already have.
- Fill up on vegetables! When it comes to Christmas dinner, make sure most of your plate is veggies to maintain your energy levels.
- Make some time for yoga, or at least a big stretching session. All that time huddled over board games and slouched on the sofa means your body will be crying out for a good stretch.
- Avoid the buffet. Fill up on a nourishing meal before a party to avoid devouring a plateful of pastries and cakes later in the evening.
- Make some time for yourself. It’s a good idea to take brief breaks from the crowds of family and friends. Perhaps enjoy some meditation to keep you present during the holidays.
- Be mindful at meal times. Just because it’s the festive season, doesn’t mean every meal time is an eating contest.
- Juice! Make some green juices for the family to enjoy. This is a great way to start the day if you’re feeling sluggish. Read our blog about the benefits of juicing.
- Don’t stress… Christmas comes around just once a year and it’s a time to enjoy family and friends and all the festivities that brings. So laugh, smile, eat, drink and be thankful and merry. Let your New Years resolutions can take care of the rest…
**Special Christmas Offer**
Prices are increasing in January, but if you book any of our 2017 retreats before the 31st December 2016, you’ll keep our current 2016 prices.
If you’re planning on making 2017 your happiest, healthiest year then banish the January blues and join us for a relaxing and rejuvenating break…
Best wishes to you and your family from all of us here at Raw Horizons, may all your wishes come true…